Find yourself through service
Do you have a passion for supporting students and families?
Want to serve in a community-based setting?
Becoming an AmeriCorps Member at Metropolitan Family Service may be for you!
Interested in learning more about what our AmeriCorps Members’ Social Emotional Learning (SEL) service looks like in action? Check out this video of 21-22 AmeriCorps Member Vivian Matthews at MFS Community School site Cherry Park Elementary!
By The Numbers
Note: these numbers are from the AmeriCorps 2019-20 service year.
- Last year, our Hunger Relief team distributed 1,165,197 lbs of fresh and non-perishable food at our weekly school food pantries
- This year, 67% of our youth served in our Economic Empowerment program reported an increase in financial knowledge and confidence
- More than 60 languages are spoken across our Community School and Early Childhood Development program sites
- Since its start last year, the Intergenerational Pen Pal program has exchanged 139 letters (and drawings!) between older adults and youth in our service communities
- Nearly 20% of MFS permanent staff have served at least one year of AmeriCorps – this year alone, 34% of our staff and members combined have served!