Find yourself through service
Do you have a passion for supporting students and families?
Want to serve in a community-based setting?
Becoming an AmeriCorps Member at Metropolitan Family Service may be for you!
By The Numbers
Note: these numbers are from the AmeriCorps 2019-20 service year.
- Last year, our Hunger Relief team distributed 1,165,197 lbs of fresh and non-perishable food at our weekly school food pantries
- This year, 67% of our youth served in our Economic Empowerment program reported an increase in financial knowledge and confidence
- More than 60 languages are spoken across our Community School and Early Childhood Development program sites
- Since its start last year, the Intergenerational Pen Pal program has exchanged 139 letters (and drawings!) between older adults and youth in our service communities
- Nearly 20% of MFS permanent staff have served at least one year of AmeriCorps – this year alone, 34% of our staff and members combined have served!