Food Pantry Fall Schedule:
- The types of foods you can expect at these distributions varies from day to day, but will include some combination of oil, margarine, 3-6 fresh produce items, canned fruit and vegetables, canned and dry beans, cereal, shelf-stable milk, rice, pasta, applesauce, etc. There are no restrictions to shop- everyone is welcome!
- All sites are held outside and will distribute rain or shine. 🌞🌧
- All our food pantries are walk-up “shopping-style” (with very specific parameters set to keep clients apart and volunteers and staff safe). Please bring your own bags or boxes and prepare for the weather.
- A typical shopper will get 20-40 pounds of food, so carts or wagons are a good idea for walkers!
- The lines may look long because we ask everyone to maintain 6 feet spacing for safety, but they move pretty quickly. Usually a half hour before we close the lines are pretty short.
- Good and Cheap: Eat Well on $4/Day by Leanne Brown – Free eBook of inexpensive recipes
- Oregon Food Finder – From Oregon Food Bank
MFS Hunger Relief programs are becoming increasingly important as more families continue to turn to MFS for food support.
We strive to improve the health of the communities we serve through steady access to safe and nutritious food. We continue to form critical partnerships with other agencies and with community members to fight for food security and stability, and our staff and many volunteers work tirelessly to advocate for and lift up those experiencing hunger in our communities.
Daniel’s Story by Oregon Food Bank
Hungry for Change by Adam Amaro