National Service Network
- Develop and teach social emotional learning and skill-building for students & families.
- Develop and teach health and wellness focused early childhood activities.
- Coordinate health and wellness focused family events and workshops.
- Recruit and coordinate family and community volunteers.
- Teach financial literacy workshops for families, youth, volunteers, and community individuals.
- Lead & support site-specific projects and activities as defined in the site-specific service descriptions.
National Service Network
Note: MFS requires all AmeriCorps members to have completed a full dose vaccine for COVID-19. Proof of vaccine status will be required before a member may begin their AmeriCorps service.
Early Childhood Development
- Cherry Park
- Hogan Cedars
- North Gresham
- Salish Ponds
- West Powellhurst
Community Schools (Elementary, Middle and High School) serving elementary, middle and high school students & families in East Portland and Beaverton
Economic Empowerment providing financial education, coaching, and resources to students & families
Hunger Relief supporting school-based food pantries and nutritional cooking classes for students & families in East Portland
Early Childhood Development (Pre School) serving 0-5 year-old children and their caregivers in hands-on learning environments based in school setting
Here are the sites we serve!
- Blue: Elementary Schools
- Yellow: Middle Schools
- Red: High Schools
- Black: MFS Offices
- Green: Economic Empowerment/CASH Oregon
A Day In The Life
What does it look like to be an AmeriCorps member?
National information about AmeriCorps and the National Service Network, please visit the AmeriCorps website.
AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 members in intensive service annually to serve through nonprofit, faith-based, and community organizations at 21,000 locations across the country. These members help communities tackle pressing problems while mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve. Since 1994, more than 980,000 Americans have provided more than 1.3 billion hours of service to their communities and country through AmeriCorps. .
AmeriCorps is a program of the AmeriCorps National Service, a federal agency that engages millions of Americans in service through its AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, Social Innovation Fund, and Volunteer Generation Fund programs, and leads the President’s national call to service initiative, United We Serve. For more information, visit NationalService.gov.