Meet Amanda & Nghia!
Amanda Hart, AmeriCorps Program Manager, has been with MFS since 2011, when she started her first of two years of AmeriCorps service with the Community Schools program (serving on the 1st MFS AmeriCorps team!).
She has also worked with the Economic Empowerment team, and as a Community Schools Site Manager in David Douglas School District since AmeriCorps. Amanda is originally from Philly but loves the Pacific Northwest (and doesn’t miss the humidity).
Nghia Huynh, AmeriCorps Program Associate, has been with MFS since 2017 and has served with the AmeriCorps programs as well as, the Ready, Set, Go! program at Powell Butte Elementary. Nghia is a Portland native and has enjoyed watching the city grow throughout the years.
Member Application Process
2019-20 Team: Recruitment is open! Please read carefully through the instructions below to submit your complete application.
Before you Apply
- Review the program and agency information on metfamily.org
- Email any questions you have about the program or the application process to email@example.com.
You will need to create a MyAmeriCorps account if you do not already have one and submit your application to one or more of our open positions. Please review the note regarding references below and make any needed changes to the references submitted with your application.
Click on the appropriate link to submit an application to the program year for which you want to apply.
- 2019-20 MFS AmeriCorps Community Schools
- 2019-20 MFS AmeriCorps Economic Empowerment
- 2019-20 MFS AmeriCorps Hunger Relief
- 2019-20 MFS AmeriCorps Intergenerational Support
- 2019-20 MFS AmeriCorps Early Childhood Development
You will receive confirmation when your completed application has been received. If you are experiencing challenges with the application process:
- First contact the MyAmeriCorps Help Desk at 1-800-942-2677.
- If the help desk is unable to resolve the issue, please contact the MFS AmeriCorps Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-688-1778.
- Alternate application formats available upon request
- If selected for an initial interview, a staff member will contact you directly. These interviews are conducted in person when possible or by Skype/phone for applicants out of town.
- Applicants selected to move on to the second interview stage will be notified directly. These interviews are conducted by Site Supervisors and are held at the site when possible (again, for out of town applicants a phone or Skype interview will be held).
Criminal History Check
Our positions are considered covered positions with access to vulnerable populations and all members must completed a 3 part criminal history check including a nationwide NSOPW search, an FBI fingerprint check, and a state of residence and state of service check. Offers are contingent upon successfully completing this process.
A Note About Equity
This program is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or religion.
Metropolitan Family Service is committed to building a diverse workforce to broaden and deepen our work in the communities we serve. We strongly urge candidates from communities of color, disability, LGBTQIA, linguistically diverse populations, older adults and military veterans to consider application to our positions. MFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.