AARP Foundation Experience Corps is a national program (housed locally at Metropolitan Family Service) which taps into the experience and passion of adults age 50 and over to ensure that every child has a chance to succeed in school and in life.
- Serve in neighborhood schools
- Work one-to-one and in small groups
- Support children in K-3rd grade
- Focus on developing literacy skills
- Build self confidence in the children served
- Receive excellent training and ongoing support
4-10 hours per week. Some monthly stipends are available. Mentors must commit to serving throughout the entire school year.
Volunteers are placed on teams of mentors at schools throughout the Portland metro area. We are currently serving children in the following schools: