The funds you provide help children
succeed, strengthen families and their
connections to the community, and help
older adults live independently. Your
investment in Metropolitan Family
Service makes a measurable
A few results you can expect from your investment in Metropolitan Family Service
- We are effective and efficient, so more of your charitable contributions will go directly to the services and
resources we provide
- Your financial investment is leveraged with the help of
1,900 skilled and caring volunteers who
volunteer hours each year
There are many ways you can support Metropolitan Family Service
Easy to Make a Gift Today
- Cash —
Cash is the most common way of giving, because it's so simple. If you itemize, a gift of cash can
be deducted up to 50% of adjusted gross income.
- Honorarium and memorial gifts You can make a gift in honor of a friend, client, family member, or even a
special event in someone's life, like a birthday, wedding or anniversary. You can make a gift in memory of a friend or family member.
- Appreciated stocks, bonds, life insurance, and real estate When you give long-term appreciated assets, you receive
a double income tax benefit: deducting the present full market value of your give and avoiding capital gains tax on the assets appreciated. To see how, click here.
- In-kind donations Take a look around the house, and you're sure to find many ways to help others including old vehicles
(like a car, boat, or RV), new and used clothing and toys, holiday gifts for clients, gift certificates for food and clothing, and yard tools
(like clippers, loppers, pruner, or rake).
- Planned gifts These can provide tax savings to you and your heirs. For more information, visit
1. Donate online. For more information,
visit us at Donate Online.
2. Call Metropolitan Family Service Development Director Jana Richardson at 503.230.1451. All major credit cards are accepted.
3. Request a donation from by e-mail:
4. Mail your check or credit card information to:
Metropolitan Family Service
1808 SE Belmont Street
Portland, Oregon 97214
For additional information about donating, please contact MFS Development Director Jana Richardson at 503.230.1451.
Metropolitan Family Service is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization (Tax ID number: 93-0397825).
For information about our Security Policy and